Category: Immigration Law

  • Types of Immigration Stamps in Ireland

    The stamp that is put on your passport by an immigration officer will determine: What you can and cannot do in Ireland How long you can stay The amount of time you accumulate on a stamp is important when you apply for citizenship by naturalisation as it will indicate ‘reckonable service’ for the purpose of […]

  • The Irish Immigration System-What You Need to Know

    Are you a non EU/EEA citizen and wish to stay in Ireland for longer than 90 days? Then you must apply for immigration permission. Before you travel, however, you should check whether you need a visa or not. You can check this on this page of the website of the Department of Justice and Equality. […]

  • Residency In Ireland for Non EEA Nationals Under the Start Up Entrepreneur Programme

    The Start Up Entrepreneur Programme (STEP)  is run by the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration service. It allows non-eea nationals and their families acquire residency status in Ireland once they commit to starting a business in Ireland. The non EEA National can apply for residency as an individual or can apply for themselves and their family. […]

  • EU Treaty Rights in Ireland for Non EEA Nationals-What You Should Know

    If you are a Non EEA (European Economic Area) National you may qualify for permanent residency or even citizenship in Ireland. An EC Directive-2004/38/EC-gives the right of citizens of the European Union and their family members to move and reside freely within the territory of the Member States. In Ireland this Directive is given effect […]