Are you thinking about selling your house? If so, you will want the process to be buttery smooth.
This will ensure less stress and a realisation of whatever plans you have for moving on to your replacement property. The Law Society of Ireland has issued a useful checklist to give you a good indication of what you will need.
Here are the 15 things:
1. Details of where your title documents are (if your title deeds are with a bank, provide the name of the bank and the account number),
2. Local Property Tax printout showing local property tax paid to current year end (www.revenue.ie),
3. Receipt or Certificate of Discharge showing that the Household Charge has been discharged (www.householdcharge.ie) (if payable),
4. Certificate of Exemption or Discharge for NPPR (applied from 2009 to 2013)(www.nppr.ie),
5. Details of your water and drainage supply,
6. If you have a septic tank on the property, evidence of its registration (www.protectourwater.ie),
7. If you are or ever have been married, a copy of your state marriage or civil partnership certificate (and copy separation agreement or divorce, if applicable),
8. BER Certificate showing the energy rating on your home,
9. Details of any building work you have done with copies of any planning permissions and architects’ certificates of compliance,
10. If your property is in a managed development, contact details for the management company/managing agents, and receipts for service charges,
11. If the property is let, copy letting agreement,
12. Details of any contents included in sale,
13. PPS Number(s) – needed for proof of identity,
14. Photographic identification such as passport(s),
15. Utility bill / bank statement (within the last 3 months) to prove your address.
© Law Society of Ireland